Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Day Number Two;

Today was a bit harder than yesterday. :( I got to talk to him for the last time today, and it was extremely hard! We talked on and off and I knew in the back of my head after every phone conversation, "That could have been my last call." And I was blessed every time that phone rang again. Although tonight I must have cried for 20 minutes straight! I was talking to him and I told him how much I loved him and how proud of him I was and we hung up the phone. We texted for a little bit and then all of a sudden it STOPPED. Just stopped. Mid-conversation, it was done.
I sat there dumbfounded. There was SO much more I wanted to tell him, although I've told him everything a million times before.
Anyways, I found out today from a very nice Army Girlfriend that he will more than likely get a 36-hour pass after his boot camp where I can fly and see him.
Ugh, I get so irritated because everything everyone have told me thus far has always been so different with my Soldier. :( I just wish things would be the same.
On the upside, I got some cute stickers and stationary stuff to write him. I just hope he's not having too terrible of a time.
4 more months Katie, 4 more months and you will be back in his arms again where you are so desperately longing to be. <-- That right there, is MOTIVATIONAL speak. Something I need to continue. I'm always so negative.
One last comment before I head off to bed; I found the Fort Benning website and was THRILLED to find short 5 minute videos of everything my Soldier will be going through. It made me realize that he's not leaving me to take a vacation. Some of the things I watched were tough and life changing. I am SO very proud of him and might I say, I could not ask for a better man in my life that I am able to call mine. <3
HOOAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment